1. What are the features of windows 7?
Ans. Windows aero, improved graphics, I.E version 8.0, virtual hard disk, windows power shell and bit drive locker.
2. What is bit locker drive?
Ans. It is a feature in win-7 which is used to protect the drive by assigning password.
3. Which versions and editions of Windows 7 can you install to take advantage of the hardware resources on a computer that has 16 GB of RAM?
Ans. Windows 7 Professional x64 Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Exp. X64 versions of Windows 7 can utilize more than 4 GB of RAM.
4. You want to use WDS to perform a network installation of Windows 7. Which hardware devices must the computer have, assuming that you are not booting the computer from a WDS discover image?
A. A PXE-compliant network adapter.
To deploy over the network using WDS requires the computer either a PXE compliant network adapter or be booted from a WDS discover image.
5. What is the minimum number of volumes that a computer running Windows XP should have if you want to support dual-booting with Windows 7?
A. Two volumes are the minimum number required to support dual-booting between Windows XP and Windows 7. The Windows 7 installation routine creates an extra 200-MB system volume on one of these volumes when you install Windows 7, but two volumes is the minimum number required on a Windows XP computer prior to attempting to install Windows 7 for dual-boot configuration
6. In which scenario must you perform a migration rather than an up gradation?
A. windows Vista Business (x86) to Windows 7 Professional (x64)
Windows Vista Home Premium (x64) to Windows 7 Home Premium (x86)
Windows XP Professional (x64) to Windows 7 Professional (x64)
7. A user has a home computer with a cable Internet connection and no other computers on his home network. Which methods can this person use to upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate?
A. A user can utilize Windows Anytime Upgrade with a home Internet connection to upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate.
8. Which utilities can you use to transfer user encryption certificates from a computer running Windows XP Professional to Windows 7 Professional?
A. Windows Easy Transfer , USMT
USMT can be used to transfer user encryption certificates from a computer running Windows XP Professional to a computer running Windows 7 Professional. Windows Easy Transfer can be used to transfer user encryption certificates from a computer running Windows XP Professional to a computer running Windows 7 Professional.
9. Which must you download from Microsoft’s Web site to obtain USMT 4.0?
A. The WAIK contains USMT 4.0.
10. You have a laptop computer that does not have a DVD-ROM drive. There are no computers running Windows Server 2008 in your network environment. You do not have access to Windows PE?
A. USB storage device. You can install Windows 7 using a USB storage device. Windows PE is required to perform an installation from a network share.
11. Which editions of Windows 7, when installed normally to a hard disk, can you dual-boot with an installation of Windows 7 on a virtual hard disk (VHD) file?
A. Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate to dual-boot between a traditional Windows 7 install and a VHD install, you need Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate as the traditional installation.
12. Which of the steps should you take to enable these computers to support dual-boot with the Windows 7 operating system?
A. Use Diskpart to shrink the existing volume. Install Windows 7 on the new volume., Create a new volume using Diskpart.
13. Which of the hardware components needs to be improved before it will be possible to install Windows 7 successfully on the computer?
A. The hard disk drive ,The RAM
Windows 7 requires 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of hard disk drive space before Windows 7 can be installed. You will need to purchase a laptop that has more RAM and hard disk space, or perform an upgrade if this is possible, before Windows 7 can be installed.
14. You have a group of computers running Windows Vista RTM. All computers are members of a Windows Server 2008 domain. You want to upgrade these computers to Windows 7. Which steps should you take on each of these computers prior to attempting the upgrade?
A. Install Windows Vista SP1.
Only Windows Vista computers that are running Service Pack 1 or later can be upgraded to Windows 7.
15. You want to upgrade a computer running the x64 version of Windows Vista Enterprise SP1 to Windows 7. To which of the following Windows 7 versions and editions can you upgrade?
A. Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Windows 7 Enterprise x64
You can only upgrade a computer running Windows Vista Enterprise x64 to an equivalent or better x64 edition of Windows 7.
16. To which of the editions of Windows 7 can you upgrade a computer running Windows Vista Business?
A. Windows 7 Professional , Windows 7 Enterprise , Windows 7 Ultimate.
17. You work for a charity organization in southeast Asia. Your organization recently purchased several computers running Windows 7 Home Basic. Your organization does not have a volume licensing agreement with Microsoft. Which editions of Windows 7 can you upgrade a computer running Windows 7 Home Basic to using Windows Anytime Upgrade?
A. Windows 7 Professional Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Home Basic can be upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate.
18. Which of the following installation sources can you use to perform an upgrade of a computer running Windows Vista to the Windows 7 operating system?
A. Network share A DVD-ROM A USB storage device
19. Which edition of Windows 7 should you upgrade to allow the user to meet this objective?
A. Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Enterprise are the only SKUs of Windows 7 that support Bit Locker and Bit Locker To Go.
20. Which of the following tools can you use to automate the process of migrating user profile data from the original computers to the replacement computers?
A. The User State Migration Tool (USMT) 4
USMT 4 and later can be used to automate the transfer user profile data from computers running Windows XP Professional (x64) to Windows 7 Enterprise (x64).
21. Which are required if WDS is to be installed and to deploy images?
A. AD, DS, DNS, DHCP
The WDS server role needs to be installed on a server in an AD DS domain.
WDS typically deploys to PXE-compliant target client computers that rely on DHCP for their IP configuration.
The WDS server role needs to be installed on a server in a network that contains at least one DNS server.
22. You want to create a bootable USB storage device containing a Windows PE image so that you can capture a reference Windows 7 deployment using ImageX. Which of the following tools do you need to deploy to create this tool?
A. Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK)
You can create a Windows PE image through the Windows AIK.
23. A computer running Windows 7 is experiencing intermittent STOP errors after several device drivers were updated. Which of the following tools can you use to determine which device driver is causing the problem?
A. Reliability Monitor, Driver Verifier Manager,
Driver Verifier Manager can be used to monitor and diagnose problems that might occur with device drivers. Although it is not as detailed a diagnostic tool for device drivers as Driver Verifier Manager, Reliability Monitor also may assist you in determining which device driver is causing the problem.
24. Which of the following BitLocker policies should you configure to ensure that BitLocker To Go Reader is available on all FAT-formatted removable devices protected with BitLocker?
A. Allow Access To BitLocker-Protected Removable Data Drives From Earlier Versions Of Windows
The Allow Access To BitLocker-Protected Removable Data Drives From Earlier Versions Of Windows policy allows you to ensure that BitLocker To Go Reader is available on all FAT-formatted removable devices protected with BitLocker.
25. You want to enable BitLocker on several laptop computers that have Windows 7 installed but that do not have Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chips. Which of the following must you do before you can use a universal serial bus (USB) storage device as a startup key?
A. Configure the Require Additional Authentication At Startup Group Policy.